Subscribe

There aren’t many teammates who would do what Frankie Muniz decided to do on Friday. After qualifying for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Team Reaume’s Luke Baldwin and the No. 2 Ford were among the five DNQs.

Muniz, who is a full-time driver in the Truck Series in the No. 33, was set to start at the very back of the field in 36th for Saturday’s race.

Advertisement

However, the actor-turned-racer made the decision to willingly give up his seat for the race, allowing Baldwin to take over the No. 33 for this weekend’s NCTS event. 

“Luke is one of the most talented young drivers in this garage, and this team has two trucks here this weekend,” said Muniz in a release from the team. “He came here ready to race and did everything he could. Sitting him out when we have a qualified truck that can put him in the field doesn’t make sense for anyone. I’m giving up my seat because I believe it gives the 33 team the best chance to compete for the most available points this weekend. Luke’s speed and his ability to run up front when he gets a clean run is what this organization needs right now. I’ll be in the pits cheering him on.”

Team owner Josh Reaume praised Muniz for the decision, saying: “Frankie didn’t hesitate. That’s the kind of teammate and person he is. “Luke has shown time and time again that he can extract everything from our equipment. With the regular season ending Saturday and owner points still on the table, this move puts our strongest available driver in the No. 33 for the 175-lap race. We appreciate Frankie’s selflessness and look forward to seeing Luke behind the wheel.”

Advertisement

The 20-year-old Baldwin has ten previous Truck Series starts, including five this year. He also made his NASCAR O’Reilly Auto Parts Series debut earlier this year.

“Frankie didn’t have to do this. He has a full-time ride and every right to keep it,” said Baldwin. “This is a huge opportunity, and I’m going to treat it that way. The 33 team has been working hard all year. I want to go out there, stay out of trouble, and bring home as many points as we can for everyone who made this possible. Thank you, Frankie.”

Read Also:

Samantha Busch full speech from emotional Kyle Busch Invitational

NASCAR moves up start time for New Hampshire Cup race due to weather threat

To read more Motorsport.com articles visit our website.

Read the full article here

Leave A Reply

2026 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Exit mobile version