With LIV Golf’s future in doubt, Bryson DeChambeau is making his return to the DP World Tour.
The two-time major champion announced Monday that he plans on playing in the Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa in early December, which is hosted by Gary Player and played at the legendary golfer’s self-titled country club.
Advertisement
“I can’t wait,” DeChambeau said in a video posted to social media. “I’m honored to be a part of it.”
DeChambeau hasn’t played on the DP World Tour since 2022.
“I am absolutely delighted that Bryson will compete in this year’s Nedbank Golf Challenge,” Player wrote on social media. “The South African crowds loved watching him play earlier this year, and it is wonderful to welcome him back to our incredible country. Bryson’s passion, power and commitment to the game continue to inspire fans around the world.”
DeChambeau could be making his final LIV Golf appearance this weekend in Indianapolis, with his contract set to expire at the end of the 2026 season and the rebel golf league facing an uncertain future.
Bryson DeChambeau tees off on the 16th hole during the third round of the LIV Golf New York tournament at Trump National Bedminster. IMAGN IMAGES via Reuters Connect
LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil revealed earlier this month that the league had secured a new lead investor as it searches for a $250 million-plus cash infusion to keep the operation afloat beyond 2026.
Advertisement
DeChambeau later spoke positively of LIV’s reported new investor, BC Partners, and his management company, GSE.
“Look, I love GSE,” DeChambeau said. “They’ve been with me my entire career. I think they’ve been fantastic in what they’ve done for me, so all positive things to say about GSE.”

Bryson DeChambeau of the United States waves to fans during day four of LIV Golf New York at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on August 9, 2026. Getty Images
He added that he does not know “the mechanics of the conversations between the LIV investor and GSE, adding, “What I can tell you is that the investor, from the conversations I’ve had, has a new and fresh vision on this product. It won’t be changing too much, but it’ll be changing in the right ways.”
Advertisement
Earlier this week, LIV announced it was canceling its team championship event, which was slated for the end of August in Michigan.
The league is looking for new financial backing, with Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) pulling the plug on its $5 billion worth of funding.
DeChambeau’s announcement came just one day before reports surfaced that Jon Rahm could leave LIV and return to the PGA Tour.
Read the full article here